"We are each other's shelter from the storm."
SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #6

One day I walked into a library and my eyes fell on a book called Kingdom Come. I picked it up and to my surprise it was a comic book...or rather as I later learned, a graphic novel. But I saw beautifully painted panels and heroes that I recognized from my childhood who seemed ...well, grown up. I borrowed that book and I was moved and fascinated by, not only the story of men and women who are great heroes, but by they way they showed their humanity. They suddenly were not two dimensional people who just fought bad guys. They were deeply complex. I love books and reading on the whole and I guess getting into the comic genre as an adult woman was a case of serendipity. It led me to finding DC comics and the heroes I grew up with on TV and saw in movies and newsprint. It led me to finding Clark Kent or as he is known by his other name, Kal-El, and Princess Diana. I fell in love with them and am obsessed with all things Amazonian and Kryptonian now. I love their relationship. I love what they stand for. I love the contrasts of the princess/farmer's son; reporter/ambassador; pragmatic warrior/idealistic protector and empathetic teacher/enforcer of justice. A girl born of the earth and a boy who fell from the sky. The first daughter of Themyscira and last son of Krypton. And it surprised me to find that there were many fans like me, who adore them too.

DC rebooted their universe in 2011 and my favorite pairing is now canon!!! Yay.



Disclaimer : Superman and Wonder Woman are the property of DC comics.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Justice League #22



The Trinity War begins.

In this issue we have a face-off between the Justice League and Justice League of America. Tension are high since Superman and Wonder Woman went into Khandaq.

We have another conversation with Clark and Diana that is left hanging about the way they deal with criminals. We all know Clark and Bruce don't believe in killing. Diana on the other hand, if she has no other option because she is a warrior, will use lethal force. I am hoping one day these two have the conversation that deals with this. To show that she admires Clark for his stance/mercy and Clark believes in her enough to know that she would only use lethal force if there was no other way. Not because she's ruthlessly efficient because love and empathy has been the core of Wonder Woman. Not vengeance.









Pandora seeks out Superman to open Pandora's box. Because she believes him to be pure of heart.

It does not go well because Superman get possessed by the skull. Luckily it's temporary. He comes back to himself while Pandora vanishes with the skull.


The Justice League are alerted to Khandaq when they learn Shazam has turned up there. The JLA also go and things don't go well.



Clark's heat vision seems to have gone haywire and Dr Light becomes a casualty.

No comments:

Post a Comment